10 Great Facts You Might Not Know
- 20 August 2021
Advertising is the way that many online publishers make money. It’s not unusual to see ads on the side of a webpage, on a pop-up, or on a video. However, some people find these ads to be extremely annoying. Those people often turn to ad blockers to block these ads from popping up.
- Ad blockers are available for popular web browsers like Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
- Ad blockers are able to detect advertising content because it is often found in the same places on a webpage as other content.
- Companies like Google provide ads to publishers in an effort to make money.
- Publishers provide content that is available for viewing for free.
- Ad blockers are available for desktop browsers as well as for mobile devices.
- Ad blocking is most popular with Android users.
- The number of people using ad blockers is on the rise.
- Adblock Plus is funded by donations.
- Ad blockers can be installed by the user on their own devices, or installed by the publisher.
- Page Fair is also an ad blocker, but it is trying to incentivize publishers to offer better ads.